Assignment and Examination Administration
The submission of assignments is an integral part of the learning process and assessment is, therefore, a key responsibility of IQ Academy. Our assignment administration team is looking forward to receiving our students' assessments and will process the marking thereof as efficiently as possible.
Once they have received your assignment and it has been recorded on our tracking system, an automated SMS will be sent to your mobile phone number on our records. If you do not receive such an SMS within 14 days after sending your assessment, kindly check with our course administration team that we have your correct mobile phone number on our records. Always include your student number or ID number in any e-mail and postal correspondence to the department.
The broad assignment administration process:
- An SMS is sent to you confirming receipt of your assignment
- Should your student fees be in arrears your assignment will not be sent for marking
- Unmarked assignments are kept for 60 days before they are destroyed
- We urge students to keep an electronic or printed copy of their assignments should it not reach our offices for any reason; that will allow you to easily re-submit
- The assignment is allocated to an approved assessor for marking
- The result, once received from the marker, will be captured on our student records system
- The result of a specific assignment will be available after 30 working days from the date of receipt of your assignment
- We will send you a SMS notification informing you of your result. These may also be viewed on the student portal iCan or via the Student Self-help USSD function
- Assessment Feedback
- Students registered for higher education programmes: All marked assignment are returned to students with feedback from assessors.
- Short Course students: Only Unsuccessful or failed assignments are emailed or posted back to the email/postal address appearing on the front cover of your assignment answer book. Short course students wanting their successful assignments back can request a copy from our offices.
- We encourage students to send their assignments in on the due dates provided in your guide
- To avoid delays associated with the periodic disruption of postal services, students are strongly encouraged to submit assignments electronically, either by email of fax.
For those programmes and courses which include examinations, these are written in June and November in the following main centres: Johannesburg, Cape Town, East London, Bloemfontein and Durban. Registered students for these courses are required to register for these examinations by completing and sending in an exam registration form. Please note you will only gain entry into the exams if you passed the required assignments and your study fees are not in arrears.
The broad examination administration process is as follows:
- All applications for registration must be received on time and once received they will be processed
- All applications will be verified and student details captured
- A confirmation of registration SMS will be sent to students successfully registered
- Student can also access a list of registered students and venues on the website
- Post exam sitting, all results are captured on the student record system
Exam results are only released once they have been moderated and approved by the academic board. All results are made available on the website and can also be obtained from our offices.