Crunch time! One week to go before exams
All your hard work is about to be tested with just a few days left until you sit for your midyear exams.
But you feel that there is only so much learning that you can still do until the exam day and you are not 100% prepared.
Here are 7 tips to help you to get the nerves under control:
1. Try to find a student, someone to teach, your child, a friend, a fellow student or even your pet (though passers-by might think uyahlanya [you’re crazy]). The logic behind this is that we tend to retain information better when we recite it.
2. Eat well. This means you stay away from junk food like it’s poison. Think fresh fruit and vegetables, nuts and fish.
3. Don’t underestimate the kick of a 15-20 minute power nap. There is a reason why it goes by that name. At night, make sure you get between 7,5 and 9 hours of sleep. Your brain, emotions and body will thank you in the morning.
4. Change your scenery if you can. Don’t always study in the same room. Sit outside or in a different room.
5. Make a timetable so that you can manage your time efficiently. Squeeze in 30 minutes of exercise. Eliminate distractions and don’t get frustrated. Then pretend you are on an island and stick to the timetable you have set.
6. In the exam room, there are a few more things you can do to stay cal. Want to recap? Click here.
7. PS NEVER EVER leave studying to the last minute. Once your final exam is over, reward yourself with a chocolate or bottle of wine or whatever it is that you like. You have earned it.
Lastly, from us at iQ Academy, good luck!