Pursue a multi-disciplinary qualification in business management. Become equipped to manage and influence all functional disciplines within an organisation, whether private, public or civil society.
Over 30,000 students have successfully completed courses with iQA.
Price and Payment Options
- The course fee is structured on a cost per-module basis. The cost per module varies depending on your year of study, as outlined below. You can choose to pay your annual module costs in monthly installments or as a once-off cost each year.
- Course fees are all-inclusive subject to passing all modules and includes your first examination cost
- Course fees do not include any module repeats, re-examinations, traveling related costs of exams, or data costs
Fees for the first year
- Annual Registration Fee: R1,200*
- Module Fee: R2,500* (6 modules required in the first year)
- Module Fee for subsequent years from R2,650 – R3,500*
- Payment Terms offered for your annual fees: 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months
- Payment Methods:
- Debit Order on terms
- Direct Deposit, EFT, Ozow (iPay), Credit or Debit Card (PayGate), and Karri
- Please note that for Standard Bank customers we are an authorised beneficiary
- Learn more about payment methods here
* Fees are subject to annual increases (inflationary related) and will be quoted for accordingly
The following minimum entrance requirements apply:
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Diploma endorsement with:
- at least 40% in English, and
- at least 40% in Mathematics or 50% in Mathematical Literacy; or
- A Senior Certificate (SC) with:
- at least an E symbol, on Standard Grade level, in English, and
- at least an E symbol, on Standard Grade level, in Mathematics; or
- A National Certificate (Vocational)(NCV) with appropriate subject combinations and the following
levels of achievement:
- a minimum of 50% in three fundamental subjects including English, AND
- a minimum of 60% in three compulsory vocational subjects, or
- A Higher Certificate or Advanced Certificate obtained in a cognate field.
What you need to enrol:
South African citizens:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of highest school qualification
Non South Africa citizens:
- Certified copy of passport
- Certified copy of study permit
- Certified copy of SAQA evaluation
- Access to a reliable internet connection – no textbooks – the course is fully online
- Email account
- Smartphone or PC – you can do the course entirely on your smartphone!
Modules in this course
- Academic Literacy
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Business Management 1a
- Business Communication
- Business Ethics
- Business Management 1b
- Macro Economics
- Elementary Quantitative Modelling 1a
- Financial Accounting 1a
- Management Principles
- Micro Economics
- Elementary Quantitative Modelling 1b
- Contemporary Management Issues
- Financial Accounting 1b
- Corporate Financial Management
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Small Businesses
- Marketing Management
- Production and Operations
- Human Resource Management
- Personal Financial Management
- Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Corporate Innovation and Intrapreneurship
- International Management
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Corporate Citizenship
- Strategy Implementation and Control
- Integrated Business Plan
- Integrated Business Project
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m new to online learning, where do I start?
Log on to the iCan student portal and find the orientation module in your course. The module gives you all the information you need to help you navigate and become familiar with the workings of your online course.
Do I need to be online all the time to study?
No, each module has an eBook containing all the course material. You can download the eBook to your device and work through the material while you’re offline.
Is the qualification registered on the NQF/SAQA?
Yes, the qualification is registered on SAQA and the SAQA ID is 112051, NQF Level 6
Is iQ Academy a registered Institution?
Yes, iQ Academy (Pty) Ltd Company Registration No. 2006/033114/07 is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training until 31 December 2021 as a Private Higher Education Institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997, Registration Certificate No 2112/HE07/001/. Refer to website for certificate of registration with the Department of Higher Education and Training.
How do I get academic support?
A dedicated tutor is available online to provide support and assistance. They can answer your questions via iCan messages or the discussion forums. Your tutor can also be contacted by email or telephone.
How do I submit assignments?
For this course, you will submit your assignments online. Find instructions on how submissions work on your online learning orientation module, which is on the iCan student portal. You will be able to do your assignment online and get your results instantly.
Are there exams for this course?
Not all modules require a formal examination. Annual examination will take place twice a year for those modules for which a formal, written examination is required. Details regarding examinations will be communicated.
What do I get, after I complete this course?
Once you complete your course, you will get a Diploma in Business Management, SAQA ID 112051 (NQF Level 6) from iQ Academy. To qualify for this certification, you must:
- Fulfil all academic requirements
- Pay up your student account
- Email clear copy of your ID document to email@example.com or fax to 086 758 4800