Position yourself for success. Study the latest concepts of African governance and sustainable development with this online professional development short course.
Over 30,000 students have successfully completed a course with iQA.
Price and Payment Options
The fees are all inclusive – there are no hidden costs.
Monthly Payment Options
- R540 pm x 18 months
- R810 pm x 12 months
- Debit order
- A deposit may be required subject to affordability
- R9,720 (including registration and module fees)
- Direct Deposit, EFT, Ozow (iPay), Credit or Debit Card (PayGate), Karri
*Please note that for Standard Bank customers we are an authorised beneficiary
- Minimum Grade 12, 18 years +
- Proficient in English
- Access to a reliable internet connection – no textbooks – the course is fully online
- Email account
- Smartphone or PC – you can do the course entirely on your smartphone!
What you need to enrol:
South African citizens:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of highest school qualification
Non South Africa citizens:
- Certified copy of passport
- Certified copy of study permit
- Certified copy of SAQA evaluation
Modules in this course
- Context and Principles of Good Governance
- Global Sustainable Development Agenda
- Towards Sustainable Livelihoods
- Designing and Managing Sustainable Development Projects in Africa
Next Intake Dates
|Apr 2020||May 2020||Jul 2020||Sep 2020||Nov 2020|
|Start Date||20 Apr||20 May||20 Jul||21 Sep||23 Nov|
|Payment Date||31 Mar||05 May||06 Jul||07 Sep||05 Nov|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a short course?
A Short Course is a short learning programme that focuses on equipping you with a specific skillset. However, it is non-credit-bearing, which means it does not carry credits towards a registered qualification in terms of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
I’m new to online learning, where do I start?
Log on to the iCan student portal and find the orientation module in your course. The module gives you all the information you need to help you navigate and become familiar with the workings of your online course.
Do I need to be online all the time to study?
No, each module has an eBook containing all the course material. You can download the eBook to your device and work through the material while you’re offline.
How do I get academic support?
A dedicated tutor is available online to provide support and assistance. They can answer your questions via iCan messages or the discussion forums. Your tutor can also be contacted by email or telephone.
How do I submit assignments?
For this course, you will submit your assignments online. Find instructions on how submissions work on your online learning orientation module, which is on the iCan student portal. You will be able to do your assignment online and get your results instantly.
What do I get, after I complete this course?
Once you complete your course, you will get a short course certificate. To qualify for this certification, you must:
- Pass all your assignments
- Pay up your student account
- Email clear copy of your ID document to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 758 4800
If I am not in government or working in development, am I still able to do this course?
Although the course is recommended for those who are already in government or have a career in the NGO sector, this does not mean people from other fields or those starting out are excluded. If you qualify for the entry requirements of the course: i.e. you have a grade 12 and are at least 18 years old with the ability to read and write in English, which is the language of instruction, then you can register for the course.