Position yourself for leadership in business. Understand business operations and general management functions including planning, leading, motivating and control within any organisation.
Over 30,000 students have successfully completed courses with iQA.
Price and payment options
- Fees include all textbooks, study guides and courier– there are no hidden costs.
Monthly Payments Options
- R 479 p.m. x 24 months
- Debit order
- No registration fee, but a deposit may be required subject to affordability
- Direct Deposit, EFT, Ozow (iPay), Credit or Debit Card (PayGate), Karri
- Please note that for Standard Bank customers we are an authorised beneficiary
The following minimum entrance requirements apply:
- Grade 9 (standard 7)
- At least 16 years old
- Proficient in English
What you need to enrol:
South African citizens:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of highest school qualification
Non South Africa citizens:
- Certified copy of passport
- Certified copy of study permit
Modules in this course
- Introduction to Management
- Fundamental Management Functions
- Operations and Logistics Management
- The Business Plan
- Students are required to complete and submit one assignment per module.
- The pass mark for each assignment is 50% unless stated otherwise within the assignment instructions.
- There are no written examinations for this course.
Next Intake Dates
|Apr 2020||May 2020||Jul 2020||Sep 2020||Nov 2020|
|Start Date||20 Apr||20 May||20 Jul||21 Sep||23 Nov|
|Payment Date||31 Mar||05 May||06 Jul||07 Sep||05 Nov|
Exciting career opportunities
Due to the versatility of this short course it allows for the application of skills across most industry sectors; careers choices include:
- Entrepreneur and business owner
- Office Administrator
- Junior Manager
- Supervisor Team leader
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a short course?
A Short Course is a short learning programme focused on equipping you with a specific skill set. It is designed to complement the demanding lifestyle by offering flexible learning with access to tutor support. Assessment is done through the submission of assignments and there are no exams.
However, the short course is not a registered qualification in terms of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and does not carry credits towards any other qualification.
How do I get academic support?
A dedicated tutor is available online to provide support and assistance. They can answer your questions via iCan messages or the discussion forums. Your tutor can also be contacted by email or telephone.
How do I submit assignments?
Students have the following options for submitting assignments/assessments:
- iCan Student Portal:
Upload assignment on iCan
- Email Submissions:
- Posting to IQ Academy:
Private Bag X6
What do I get after I complete this course?
Once you complete your course, you will get an iQ Academy Short Course Certificate of Competence.
To qualify for a Certificate, you have to:
- Pass all your assignments
- Pay up your student account
- Send a clear copy of your ID document to:firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax: 086-758-4800
When will I get my certificate?
- It takes up to 14 working days for us to print certificates and package them for posting.
- Certificates are posted through registered mail.
- We SMS the SA Post Office tracking number to you.
- You can also have your certificate couriered to you at R150 cost. This will be an overnight express.