Advance your HR career with a Higher Certificate qualification. Learn essential skills related to the development of human capital for the successful running of modern organisations.
Over 30,000 students have successfully completed a course with iQA.
Price and payment options
- Fees include all textbooks, study guides and courier– there are no hidden costs.
Monthly Payments Options
- Year 1: R 679. x 15 months
- Year 2: R709 x 15 months
- (other flexible plans available)
- No registration fee, but a deposit may be required subject to affordability
- R20,820 (Year 1: R10 185 and Year 2: R10 635)
- No registration fee
- Debit order for terms
- Direct Deposit, EFT, Ozow (iPay), Credit or Debit Card (PayGate), Karri
- Please note that for Standard Bank customers we are an authorised beneficiary
South African students
- National Senior Certificate, or Senior Certificate; or National Certificate Vocational (Level 4)
- At least 30% in the language of teaching and learning
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Proficient in English
- Do not require matric exemption certificate
The following documentation is required to support South African applications:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of highest school qualification
- International students
- General Certificate of Education; International Certificate of Education; Cambridge Overseas School Certificate; International General Certificate of Secondary Education; or Similar school leaving certificates
- Subject to certain subject combinations
The following documentation is required to support international applications:
- Certified copy of passport
- Certified copy of study permit
- Certified copy of SAQA evaluation
Modules in this course
Module 1: Business Management
Module 2: Human Resource Management
Module 3: Organisational Development and Change Management
Module 4: Transition to Leading Others
Module 5: Employee Wellness
Module 6: Human Resource Integrated Case Study
Each module in the programme will be assessed as follows:
• Continuous assessment
• Two or more assignments
• Examination or Portfolio
The Higher Certificate Programme has two intakes during the year:
- Registration closing date: 05 February 2021
- (Deadline includes payment and submission of required documentation)
- Registration closing date: To be announced
Exciting career opportunities
The qualification will provide a solid theoretical grounding to build career in HR in various roles including:
- Human Resource Administrator
- Human Resource Officer
- Human Resource Manager
- Wellness Manager
- Change Management Consultant
- Organisational Development Manager
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a higher certificate course?
A higher certificate course is a formal qualification registered with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and accredited by the Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC) and Council on Higher Education (CHE).
How do I get academic support?
A dedicated tutor is available online to provide support and assistance. They can answer your questions via iCan messages or the discussion forums. Your tutor can also be contacted by email or telephone.
How do I submit assignments?
Students have the following options for submitting assignments/assessments:
- iCan Student Portal:
Upload assignment on iCan
- Email Submissions:
- Posting to IQ Academy:
Private Bag X6
What do I get, after I complete this course?
Upon successful completion of each of the six modules, or the full Learning Programme, on condition that your student account is paid up, you are eligible to be awarded the Higher Certificate qualification.
Certificates may be awarded at an official graduation ceremony or in absentia.
Prospective graduates will be notified by the Office of the Registrar about the detailed arrangements pertaining to the ceremony, including date, venue, guests, academic dress, etc.
The Institution reserves the right not to award a certificate should a student be in arrears or if a student has failed to submit required documentation.
Are there exams for this course?
Yes there are exams, but before exams, there are formative assessments that need to be completed.
- For the purpose of this Learning Programme, formative assessments are individual assignments that must be submitted for marking.
- Marked assignments will be returned to you for review and feedback purposes.
- Unless stated otherwise, there are a minimum of TWO compulsory assignments for each module and you are required to complete and submit all module assignments before or on the due date.
- You must submit ALL assignments if you wish to gain entry to the examination (summative assessment).
- There will be an exam for each subject.