With the world of work shifting, the demand for project management capabilities are increasing within organisations. Set yourself apart by learning how to successfully execute projects from start to completion.
Over 30,000 students have successfully completed courses with iQA.
Price and payment options
- Fees include all textbooks, study guides and courier– there are no hidden costs.
Monthly Payments Options
- R 479 p.m. x 24 months
- Debit order
- No registration fee, but a deposit may be required subject to affordability
- Direct Deposit, EFT, Ozow (iPay), Credit or Debit Card (PayGate), Karri
- Please note that for Standard Bank customers we are an authorised beneficiary so search for iQ Academy
The following minimum entrance requirements apply:
- Grade 12 (standard 10) or NQF 4 equivalent
- At least 18 years old
- Proficient in English
- Alternate admission is possible on basis of Mature Age exemption (23 years and older)
What you need to enrol:
South African citizens:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of highest school qualification
Non-South Africa citizens:
- Copy of highest school qualification
- Certified copy of passport
- Certified copy of study permit
Modules in this course
- Module 1: Project Management Fundamentals
- Module 2: Feasibility Study
- Module 3: Project Planning: Work Packages and Scheduling
- Module 4: Project Planning: Resourcing and Budgeting
- Module 5: Project Implementation
- Module 6: Project Monitoring and Close off
- Students are required to complete and submit one assessment per module, either online on iCan using a computer, tablet or smartphone, or via email
- The pass mark for each assessment is 50% unless stated otherwise within the assessment instructions
- There are no written examinations for this course
Next Intake Dates
|Jul 2020||Sep 2020||Nov 2020|
|Start Date||20 Jul||21 Sep||23 Nov|
|Payment Date||06 Jul||07 Sep||05 Nov|
Exciting career opportunities
Project management is a critical practice to ensure projects run smoothly in any organisation. Due to the versatility of this short course, it allows for the application of skills across most industry sectors such as business, government, community development and more, and thus, careers choices include:
- Project Manager
- Project Workstream Leader
- Project Administrator
- Project Management Office (PMO) Member
- IT Developers (support for such careers)
- Project Sponsors
- General Management
- Small Business Owners
- Community Developers
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a short course?
A Short Course is a short learning programme focused on equipping you with a specific skill set. It is designed to complement the demanding lifestyle by offering flexible learning with access to tutor support. Assessment is done through the submission of assignments and there are no exams.
However, the short course is not a registered qualification in terms of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and does not carry credits towards any other qualification.
Do I need to be online all the time to study?
No, most of your study materials will be sent to you via courier. Your pack contains a Course Guide and a Course Textbook. The student portal, iCan contains all the course material i.e. an ebook version of your Course Textbook as well as a pdf for downloading. Your compulsory assessments are available on iCan for download.
I am not good with I.T. Things or very technical. Can I still do the course?
Yes. You do not need to be an expert in IT, however, it is recommended that you have the basic skills to use the internet (to navigate a website, fill in online forms, send/receive emails) and to use a computer or phone. You should have headphones to hear the audio on your computer or phone.
How do I get academic support?
A dedicated tutor is available online to provide support and assistance. They can answer your questions via iCan messages or the discussion forums. Your tutor can also be contacted by email or telephone.
How do I submit assignments?
For this course, although you have the option of emailing your assignments, it is highly recommended that you complete your assessment online via iCan. Results and feedback are available immediately. Find instructions on how submissions work in your Assessment guide, available on iCan. .
What do I get after I complete this course?
Once you complete your course, you will get an iQ Academy Short Course Certificate of Competence.
To qualify for a Certificate, you have to:
- Pass all your assignments
- Pay up your student account
- Send a clear copy of your ID document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax: 086-758-4800
When will I get my certificate?
- It takes up to 14 working days for us to print certificates and package them for posting.
- Certificates are posted through registered mail.
- We SMS the SA Post Office tracking number to you.
- You can also have your certificate couriered to you at R150 cost. This will be an overnight express.